By Waffa Abu-Hajar, Blog Coordinator
If you’re like me, you’re pushing yourself and are determined to get to your goal. But sometimes you have those days where you just feel like giving up.
As a student who has been taking classes all summer, here are a few quotes I like to read, analyze, and apply to my life to help me reach my goals and also to be my best self.
“Be patient. For what was written for you was written by the greatest of writers.”-Unknown
- This is a perfect reminder when something doesn’t go the way you planned. You learn from your mistakes, take what you’ve learned, and apply it to what is to come.
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”-Unknown
- In my opinion, it’s okay to be going through tough times because if you keep going at it, it will get better. Believe me.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”-Ernest Hemingway
- Today, people like to be confident, which is how we should be, but confidence isn’t thinking higher of yourself over others.
“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”-C.S. Lewis
- I think this one speaks for itself.
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”-Mahatma Gandhi
- I have had a lot of experience with being hurt by others. Anger is a strong emotion that most people cannot let go. People may tell you not to forgive someone because they keep hurting you, but forgiving others shows how mature you can be.
“If there is one recipe for unhappiness it is that: expectations.”-Yasmin Mogahed
- I have learned that expecting an outcome, and holding on to it so tight, may end up hurting or upsetting you. To not have expectations will help you be happier.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”-Winston Churchill
- When you get that grade on a test you studied really hard for, and you feel like it is over. It’s NOT. Trust me, I have been through failures that taught me so many lessons.
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.”-Malcolm X
- Education, not just going to school and getting a degree, but learning from experience. Don’t let an opportunity go, for you may end up learning and gaining a lot from it.
Follow Waffa on Instagram and Twitter at @waffabuhajar
Follow us on Instagram @ahfif and @bossmuslimahs to see what we’ve been up to!